Monday, March 1, 2010

Upside down

The righteous care about justice for the poor,
but the wicked have no such concern.
-Proverbs 29:7-


Pastor Prince once said this... That the world is confused... that we have gotten things upside down... that God intended for the day to begin in the evening and end in the next evening... But we so firmly believe that the day begins in the morning.

Consider these:

(A)Are we righteous because we care about justice for the poor?
(B)Or are we righteous because of the blood of Jesus and as a result we care about justice for the poor?

(A)Are we righteous as a result of our good deeds?
(B)Or are we helplessly drawn towards these deeds because we are righteous by the blood of Jesus?

The world sees A.... And we Christians too will begin to believe A when we spend too little time in the word of God...

The truth is B... After you are saved by the blood of Jesus, you are different... Your heart is new... You are no longer able to turn a blind ear to the cries of the poor... You will demand justice.. Every cell in you won't be at peace if you let injustice slide...

That's what happened to me... I used to be ashamed of it - My inability to conform... To just be humble enough to let the authorities of this world have their way... But who's the greatest authority of this world? Who's the prince of this world? The devil. Indeed... How can I bow down to his ways? How can I conform to this world now that I am hopelessly saved?

I am no longer ashamed... I am proud of myself... What happened was wrong.. I am proud that I was the only one with the courage to speak up. I am glad that my heart and every cell in me is so totally transformed by the blood of Jesus that injustice just cannot be tolerated anymore...

The righteous care about justice for the poor,
but the wicked have no such concern.
-Proverbs 29:7-



Evil men do not understand justice,
but those who seek the Lord understand it fully.
-Proverbs 28:5-

No comments:

Post a Comment