Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alice in wonderland

I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

It brought me to the edge of uneasiness... And almost succeeded in throwing me off guard... But it failed to cast a spell on me... One word describes it best... ALMOST... But failed... It failed to enchant and disturb me like "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus"...

Pretty good character development.. But not enough.. the mad hater ALMOST charmed me... But unlike past characters of Johney Depp, the mad hater lacked the spark.. But one thing was beautiful... The hater's vulnerability... Loved it...

This movie is confused... It isn't as morbid and gothic like other Tim Burton movies.. And at the same time, it is not as beautiful and fantastic as other fantasy films like Lord of the Rings... It is a confused cross of fantasy and goth... It could have chose a side and pushed me over the edge easily.. But as it is... it is an almost... Respectable but not fantastic...

Not forgetting my favourite quote:

"Have I gone around the bend? Am I crazy?"

Touches forehead.

"I am afraid you have gone absolutely bonkers. But I can tell you a secret... All great people are."

No comments:

Post a Comment