Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ruminants

I realized today, that I have the tendency to ruminate about the knitty gritty bad points of the people I wish to forget... Most of the time, these are people I really love or admire a lot... But I am still able to identify a couple of bad points and ruminate about them all day... It's my ego's defensive mechanism... Instead of admitting to myself:

This person is a great person... It is just not fated...

I try to convince myself that he/she is no good for me anyway... Such a coward... Which brings to mind the following point..

It is normally to develop illogical or even irrational thoughts.. Pray that God blesses you with the wisdom to reject these thoughts... and understand that they are merely a result of your imagination... Never totally buy into them... And don't allow them to escalate... Causing you to paint a minor bad point into a major character flaw... That poor person really doesn't deserve it...

No comments:

Post a Comment