Friday, February 12, 2010

WTF angels

In the company of the Korean WTF peace corps, I have experienced three weeks of utter surreality...

We are all human beings.. But the four of them are so kind, so patient, so accommodating, polite, so perfect... and to top it off... so genuine.. It is hard to find any flaws with them...

Perhaps good upbringing can really change the nature of a man... I see nothing evil in their eyes... I thought all kind words and good actions, were merely acts cover up evil intentions.. But they were genuinely nice... and genuinely kind..

I know its childish... But I wish they could stay forever... Part of my mind knows that if they did stay for a longer period of time.. half a year perhaps, things might be different... We will definitely run into some conflict... We will experience culture shocks.. We might even start taking each other for granted... Worse of all, I might start getting used to their presence... and find it impossible to stay alive without them..

It is good then.. that they leave... And with them, my heart shall board the plane to Korea... Haha...

So surreal.. So beautiful... Ever since they came, I find myself crying every single night knowing that they will eventually leave... And the next day, I see myself drawing nearer to them trying to savour every single precious moment I have with them... It is this very painful cycle that occurred daily for the past three weeks... that has drained me...

But I am amazed by my own strength and mental capacity.. Knowing full well, the closer I get to them, the more devastated I will be... I still chose to draw near... Love is so great... I would rather have and lose.. then to not have at all...

Will make an effort to keep in contact with them!!!

They are God's gift to me... A month of joy... A breath of fresh air.... From them, I learned humility, respect, etiquette, tactfulness and kindness... Thank you so much for sending them to us God, really appreciate it!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment