Sunday, February 28, 2010

Status update

Been swimming the past three nights... Helps me to sleep better... Also... It helps me fulfill the desire of exercising every night... To keep fit...

Difference is, I don't have to travel far... And I don't have to adhere to any regime... I am my own trainer... Get to swim as much as I want.. for as long as I want... Pause as frequently as I want... True... I do feel a bit more lonely... but who am I kidding, I was so lonely training with them anyway... No difference really...

Sometimes I feel that nothing beats going to the beach.. Or going swimming and having a bath after that... The feeling you get walking out of the shower towards your next destination... That sweet fatigue... Priceless.. =) its the kind of sensation you get... when you feel the satisfaction of exercise coupled with the refreshing sense of well being after a cold shower... Awesome...

Went to church today... Was blown away by the fantastic sermon by Pastor Prince... I enjoyed everything...Even the praise and worship felt sweet... Feel this great sense of love... And above all... A new sense of freedom... Like my new life is about to begin... And that God really loves me...

I realize now what my greatest flaw is - I keep trying to serve God... To sacrifice for his cause... I am just like Peter... So quick to spot the call of God... But too rash in responding to it... Without putting careful thought to what he really needs me to do... I fail to embrace his love for me... Instead, I keep pushing myself far beyond the limit of human emotional and physical endurance.. I became inhuman...


I think what God wants me to know today is that its okay to be weak sometimes... It's okay to relax and let him take control....
I don't have to be on top of the situation all the time... And best still I am no longer a fighter... I can embrace all my weaknesses... All my girly instincts... hahaha... manicure... here I come!!

I feel a lot better now... now that I am free to do anything I want... In the past, I would consider and refrain from doing many things so that I can have enough energy to train... In fact I took so many part time jobs and tuition assignments to support my training that I was often overtired...

Now, I own my days... I get to plan and execute whatever I want to do.. be it go to the beach... Go swimming.. Go for a jog... Go for a late night drink at a coffee shop.. Stay over at the airport talking to friends... Everything and anything is possible... Even planning a trip overseas... All these weren't possible before... I feel a new sense of control over my destiny...

Things didn't turn out as bad as I expected... At least for now.. The world seems like a better place =) Let's trust God for many more beautiful days to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment