Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The tale of 2 eagles

I hate to write this... But I have to... It is one of those blog entries plopped straight into my mind by the Holy Spirit...

----------------------------------------------------

I was at Hong Kong. It was five minutes before our meeting time.. I was standing at the twenty third floor hotel lobby looking out of the window... I saw 2 eagles... One was soaring intermittenly at a low level.. Only slightly higher than my eye level (at 23rd floor)... It flapped its wings tediously till it found its own pillar of hot air... It soared for awhile before losing the pillar of hot air and proceeding back to tediously flapping its wings in search of another pillar of hot air... For that split moments, it soared beautiful... before reverting back to its pigeon-like flapping...

The other eagle was flying at a much higher level... From my view, it looked so much smaller... But it did not flap its wings at all.. It was soaring effortlessly through the multiple pillars of hot air higher up in the atmosphere... It was magnificent...

----------------------------------------------------

God has created us to soar like eagles... But we must be at a level he has intended for us to be...

Perhaps the Koreans were my pillar of hot air.. I soared for a moment.. But when they left I reverted back to becoming a pigeon... What I need to do now is to move on to the higher level that God has intended me to be in...

I am just like that eagle who insists on flying on a lower level... There is a provider... Who can give me more than I can imagine.. But what I must do is to trust him and take the first step out... To brave the winds and fly at a higher level...

No comments:

Post a Comment