Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dead

Every morning, I am greeted by the lovely sight of tomb stones. There are Christian tomb stones and Chinese tomb stones, and underneath these tomb stones are the peaceful bodies of the dead.

Jesus has died your death on the cross,
As he is so are you in this world.
You are now dead to this world.
The principalities and powers of this world no longer has power over you.



I remember that Pastor Prince once said something of the following effect:

“Visit a cemetery, observe the dead. Praise them. Observe, do they smile and shout for joy in their graves? Now, curse them, shout all kinds of mean, nasty and vulgar remarks at them. Observe, do they cry or shudder with rage. No, they do not move. Similarly you my child, are dead to this world. Why do you let their words of judgement affect you? These people know not the grace of God and they do not know enough to judge you. “

I endeavour to be like the dead – with regards to praises and criticism of the world. For all these things do not matter. If God loves me and values me enough to send his beloved son to die on the cross for me, how can your words (you who hardly know me, you who do not love me) change my value?

I choose to define myself based on the price tag God has placed on me. How much is Denise worth? The blood and death of Jesus. You might think I am a betrayer, liar, f**king piece of shit. You might think I am ignorant, proud and nothing but an emotional piece of trash. But think and say what you want, because you know what, you cannot remove the price tag God has placed on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment