Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The two painful Hs - Hunger & Heart aches

I am trying to lose weight for the upcoming tournament... And also just to look better in general... Seems like my self control has allowed me to ignore my hunger pangs... I can even convince myself to forget the taste of food and ignore my desire for it completely... But my stomach keeps growling... It's embarassing really, especially when you are on the train (kinda sounds like flatulence)... It is like the rest of my body is fine... But my stomach is the only honest part of me... Crying out for attention...

Then I tell myself - how can l lose weight without experiencing hunger?

It is ironic how similar this experience is... To the torment I put myself through everytime I fall in love... As I have insufficient confidence... I keep feeling that my love for the boy is a burden that I should never allow anyone to bear... It is an embarassment for him.... And thus, as a favour to the one I love, I distant myself, convince myself that I am not in love... And continue existing... The rest of me is perfectly fine with it... But my heart is aching so badly...

How can I lose weight without feeling hunger? How can I fall in love without having heart aches?

1 comment:

  1. Hi denise, Gwen here! Happy to know that you're doing well in Singapore. Just wanted to suggest that you eat less carbs and a bit more proteins! That way, you wouldn't have to starve but u'll still lose weight. Anyways, you should know all this by now since you're a food scientist. Take care and love u.
    Cheers,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete