Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Youth (from within)

Appearances are not everything...

But if it makes you feel good and confident about yourself... And liberates you to be a better person... Just do it... Don't condemn others who are appearance-conscious... Just let them be...

Be free to do what you want to improve your looks... Just don't inflict any permanent damage... Remember that you are God's creation and he thinks you are perfect just the way he made you...

---------------------------------------------------

Met a lady at the office today... She is the cleaning lady.. When asked to guess her age, I was certain that she did not look a day over 45... To be kind, I said 40... Guess what? She was in fact 61 years old!!!

I asked her for her secret of youth.. (and she looked really young, strong and slim)... She said, "I am just happy and carefree. That's what makes me young. I do line dancing and ballroom dancing, all sorts of dancing to keep fit." And when she said that, she smiled... As she smiled, she looked even more beautiful...

I guess it is safe to hypothesize that the secret of beauty and youth isn't really in plastic surgery, healthy eating or exercising... Though these things do help... The change must come from within.. Be happy and carefree.. Don't allow stress to cause you to age prematurely...

I have seen 40 year olds that look 60... and 60 year olds that look 40... I myself look 30 when I am stressed...

--------------------------------------------------

I endeavor to be relaxed and thankful (grateful) always... Jesus has left us with his peace... I receive it.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment