Thursday, July 15, 2010

Give thought to your ways

A wicked man puts up a bold front,
But an upright man gives thought to his ways.
(Proverbs 21:29)

-------------------------------------------------------

I often reflect on this verse when I am being confronted with opposition. I admit that I am a rather proud person, and most of the time, I do feel that I am right. However, before doing or saying anything that I might regret later, I'ld rather take some time to think about the following possibilities:

"What if I am really wrong? What if neither of us are wrong? What if we are both right? Should I fight this out? Or is it better to just walk away?"

NO ONE is always right. Spend some time considering that you might be wrong. Perhaps, that would be your judgement alot better. And more importantly, it is the mark of humility, to always think in the shoes of the other party - Even if he happens to be your opposition. His actions might be wrong; they might be hurtful, but you must consider the possibility that these hurtful actions are a result of some deeply rooted misconceptions. Always attempt to dig deeper. See beyond the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment