Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I used to take everything very seriously. I was a perfectionist. I wanted everything perfect. But as I got older, I learned to take things more lightheartedly. For wisdom and God's grace has taught me that nothing earth really matters. As long as God is still God, we are luckiest and most blessed people on earth.

But my job - teacher has successfully instilled another voice in head. Teaching has this tendency to blow up every minor error. It makes every minor hiccup sound catastrophic. "DO YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCE OF THIS?" We are being taught how letting one child off the hook for a minor mistake can lead to a serious consequence.

I tried to live up to this expectation. But I just can not be perfect. And this has made me so stressed, I find it hard to do my job well. Everywhere I go, every student I see has a potential problem... Minor things like forgetting to go for a haircut... not tucking in their shirts... are all major problems... and if I ignore them, I will be condoning them and encouraging them. That will be my irresponsibility as a teacher.

I hate this voice of law drumming in my head... It is robbing me of my peace... Perhaps teaching is really not the job for me. I need a job that shouts grace grace!! A job where my patience and cheerful nature will be appreciated.. and not hated and despised as a form of negligence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment