Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dear Lord Heavenly father,

I have learned so much over the last three months.
And yet all this worldly wisdom
has failed to fill me up.
I still fill as empty as ever.
It is now that I realize that only your love and grace
can fill me up.

Work is good.
It does not only give me the money I need to look after myself,
It also gives me some form of distraction and purpose.
I find it enormously meaningful
To spend my time educating the young.
It is so much better than just focusing on my training alone,
having no regard to everyone else.

I feel that this job is really a noble one.
And I truly appreciate it.
I do not know how long I would last in this profession.
I feel that I am lacking grace and favour in this area.
And that is why people keep finding fault in me.
This is why I receive all kinds of mean comments.

Perhaps teaching is really not meant for me.
Maybe there is a better job out there for me.
Whatever it is, please give me a sign.
Bless me with the wisdom that I might know what to do.

I believe firmly that good leaders and bad leaders,
You created them both.
And you gave them both with power to govern your men.
Thus, I must respect these authority figures
and leave when my time is up.

Please bring me to a better place,
Where I can feel welcomed and at ease.
This stress is affecting my health.

I pray for your grace to be upon my school,
my students,
my family,
my training squad,
and me.
Please bless us all with your superabounding grace and favour.

All this I pray in Jesus's name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment